Foot, Ankle & Running Center
2797 Spring Arbor Road, Ste. B
Jackson, MI 49201
Hours: 8-5pm (M-F)
FOOT, ANKLE & RUNNING CENTER
JACKSON'S PREMIER REHABILITATION CENTER FOR RUNNERS
ARE YOU INJURED BUT PLANNING TO RUN AGAIN THIS YEAR?
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM TO LET US KNOW HOW WE MIGHT HELP:
THE ORS FOOT, ANKLE & RUNNING CENTER OF JACKSON:
WE FOCUS ON THE RIGHT TREATMENTS TO GET YOU RUNNING AGAIN
WE ARE THE RUNNING ENTHUSIASTS CLINIC OF CHOICE!
We focus on foot and ankle pathologies and the impact of the kinetic chain (core, hip, knee, and foot). We provide treatments that are expressly designed and focused on restoring normal movement patterns. We also focus on the specific demands of running.
Diagnoses We Treat:
- All pain / injuries related to running
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Sprains / strains
- Traumatic injuries
- Foot pain
- Post-surgical restrictions
- Turf toe
Our treatments focus on normalizing movements along the kinetic chain utilizing exercise, proprioceptive training, and manual treatments.
- Traditional Physical Therapy Methodology Practices
- Deliberate Walking: Deliberate walking aims to change this pain cycle and decrease/eliminate lower extremity musculoskeletal issues. It is a form of walking with a forefoot strike followed by early heel push off. This creates a bounce like gait.
- The Graston® Technique: The Graston® Technique is an innovative, patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
- WellWave: Acoustic Compression Therapy (ACT) is widely used in the treatment of acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons, and joints. ACT describes the use of acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue resulting in a focused and precise deep tissue massage. The WellWave is available at our Total Joint & Aquatic Center.
- Cupping Therapy: Myofascial Decompression (MFD), otherwise known as Cupping, is a form of soft tissue work where a pneumatic pump is used, along with plastic vacuum cups and placed on the skin to release the fascia and muscle tissue underneath.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®: The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® creates a powerful lifting force using Advanced Differential Air Pressure Technology (ADAPT) that allows for ultra-low impact ambulation. The user wears neoprene shorts and zips into a pressurized, airtight enclosure suspended over the treadmill surface. By controlling the pressure in the enclosure, the user can change his/her weight, reducing it by as much as 80% in precise 1% increments. Achieve a natural gait free of interference from water or tethers which transitions seamlessly back to full weight bearing. The AlterG® is available at our East Clinic and Holt Clinic.
- Force Treadmill at the Total Performance Training Center: The Force is the ultimate tool for developing speed and power via resistance training. The Sport Loading Platform provides coaches and trainers with a controlled atmosphere from which to develop lower extremity output, increase stride length and increase overall explosiveness with measurable results for their athletes.
Front Office Staff: