ARE YOU PREPPING FOR A RACE?
VISIT THE ORS FOOT, ANKLE AND RUNNING CENTER TO GET READY!
Foot, Ankle & Running Center
2797 Spring Arbor, Ste B
Jackson, MI 49203
Open 8-5pm Monday thru Friday
PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES CATERED TO RUNNERS:
For runners, we focus on foot and ankle pathologies and the impact of the kinetic chain (core, hip, knee, and foot). We provide treatments that are expressly designed and focused on restoring normal movement patterns. We also focus on the specific demands of running.
Diagnoses We Treat:
- All pain / injuries related to running
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Sprains / strains
- Traumatic injuries
- Foot pain
- Post-surgical restrictions
- Turf toe
Specific runners Interventions:
Our treatments focus on normalizing movements along the kinetic chain utilizing exercise, proprioceptive training, and manual treatments.
- Deliberate Walking: Deliberate walking aims to change this pain cycle and decrease/eliminate lower extremity musculoskeletal issues. It is a form of walking with a forefoot strike followed by early heel push off. This creates a bounce like gait.
- WellWave: Acoustic Compression Therapy (ACT) is widely used in the treatment of acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons, and joints. ACT describes the use of acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue resulting in a focused and precise deep tissue massage. The WellWave is available at our Total Joint & Aquatic Center.
- AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®: The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® creates a powerful lifting force using Advanced Differential Air Pressure Technology (ADAPT) that allows for ultra-low impact ambulation. The user wears neoprene shorts and zips into a pressurized, airtight enclosure suspended over the treadmill surface. By controlling the pressure in the enclosure, the user can change his/her weight, reducing it by as much as 80% in precise 1% increments. Achieve a natural gait free of interference from water or tethers which transitions seamlessly back to full weight bearing. The AlterG® is available at our East Clinic and Holt Clinic.