NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists, PC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex in any significant communications with or to the public.
Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists, P.C. provides free aides and service to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as qualified sign language or tactile interpreters. Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists, P.C. provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages.
If you need these services notify your Clinician or Office Coordinator. If you believe that Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists, P.C. has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with Compliance Officer:
206 Page Ave Jackson, MI 49201
You can file a grievance in person by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Angie Klapperich can assist you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
As a patient you have the right to:
• Be greeted and treated with care in a courteous, confidential and dignified manner.
• Be assigned to the appropriately educated, trained and skilled individual without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, health status, veteran status or age.
• Expect that all care will be delivered by or under the supervision of a Therapist and that the identity of the individuals delivering care will be readily available.
• Be serviced in a facility that is fully compliant with federal, state and local regulations.
• Be given information regarding your care or potential care in a timely manner and in a way in which you can understand, the procedure(s), the purpose, the probable outcomes, the alternatives and the risks and benefits associated with recommended care or the lack of it.
• Be given the opportunity to participate in your care and care decisions including declining part or all of the Plan of Care.
• Expect that your diagnosis, prognosis, past history, treatment, clinical records and other associated documents, paper or electronic will be handled in a confidential manner per HIPAA and state regulations, whichever is more protective.
• Be given a copy and expect full facility compliance with the Privacy Practices Notice.
• Be treated in an environment that is safe and accessible to the fullest extent of the law.
• Be duly and timely informed of any financial responsibilities that you will have as a result of rehabilitative, educational or injury prevention intervention.
• Request and receive and itemized statement for all services delivered, regardless of payer source.
• Be given a copy of these rights, upon request, and minimally be assured that Orthopaedic Rehab Specialists, PC, as a measure of commitment, will maintain a posted copy of the “Patient Rights” in a prominent public access place within the facility.